Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pune Derbyday 2010

Good luck everyone

Race 1: This is a very open race with many contenders so it will pay to look for value here.horses 1-2-3-4-5-6-9-10-12-13 all look to be triers. Looking for a value bet I have come down to 2 horses Reinstate, who ran a good second to mia stella and now to a mile which will suit this tiny filly and Daughterofdestiny, who is running a VB race after running in terms the latter will definately keep everyone honest.

Tips: Daughterofdestiny, (worth ew punt) Upset: Reinstate,

Race 2: Superior Quest, has to beat Sea Value, and the very well prepared Dear Liza, I personally think the second named will prevail.

Race 3: This is an interesting race Mighty Crusader, is on a low handicap but has a huge task on his hands best to stay away. Weizhou, does have a lot of merit and running the right distance but is a bit over raced will be right there and can win but will be hard. Moon Flower, who doesnot have recent form but can be ignored as he is best placed on handicap and can win here but looking at the prep work gone on Recardo, I believe the connections would be trying her today and is my first choice to beat her stablemate and the improved filly Harmonica,

Tips: Recardo, Harmonica, Upset: Moon Flower,

Race 4: after watching the mock race I am a bit worried about Granados, who was struggling to keep pace however it was sprint so I could be wrong but I would not be very confident on him. Frost Fairy, and Mia Stella, are both in rousing form however I dont think the latter will stay. What has surprised me the most is everyone has ignored Blue Mellon, this horse has run amongst some very good animals and today is pitted against a class 4 field make no mistake he will be right there.from the rest only 2 horses can upset Lightning Cavalry, and Oriental Magic, the latter has a nonsense jockey. I still think Frost Fairy will win today but I would just watch and learn in this race or take a small ew punt on the Nonsense jockey I.Parde

Tips: Blue Mellon, Frost Fairy, Upset: Lightning Cavalry

Race 5: Elizabeth, should win but Ashwa Prerna, will keep her Very Very Honest I will be taking a small chance on the latter ew.

Race 6: Very open race only if Red Passion, is on job today he will repeat... best to leave this race or take a small ew chance on Perpetuation,

Race 7: THE NANOLI STUD PUNE DERBY (GR.1)TERMS - 3 years old only

1) Berlusconi, 3y, chg : Beaten no one so far, has a lot of room for improvement but I think the derby has come a bit too soon for him will run a good race but at best can place.

2) Bold Dancer, 3y, dkbg : Still a maiden wont break any records here.

3) Icon, 3y, chc : Tiny Horse with a Big heart but distance is out of Radar.

4) Light My Way, 3y, bg : One of the most impressive winners over the same trip I personally feel this horse will improve further and has the right jockey to guide his faith. If you are looking for an upset in the derby then dont look beyond him he will be right there NOTE.

5) Ocean And Beyond, 3y, bg : There is no question in the ability of the horse but I do question the ability of the trainer how is so used to preparing horses for a gamble by bringing them down in handicap that he has forgotten to TRAIN a horse who is a Terms animal. In his last run wieght dint stop the horse it was just not interested to win. See to be honest if he was with any of the top trainers this horse would be un stoppable but I have my reservation today plus the fact that the animal is too onepaced it will be hard for him to win. should be in the top 4 but win I am no convienced.

6) Ocean Emperor, : too wide a draw to qualify as a pacemaker.

7 ) Star Warrior, 3y, bc : Any 3yr old that conceds 5+ kgs to a field of Grade 2 horses and finishes in the fray is a horse that can never be ignored. if you go back to that run and consider the facts that he was coming back after a setback and a layoff of almost 7 months it is fair to say he is the horse to beat. in his last run he was beaten on the post by Xisca who would be running a favorite if she was entered today indicates the class of this animal. I do have my reservations on his staying ability which could be the only reason he loses today but with Malesh astride who is the best judge of pace in distance races is also to his advantage. Honestly after his performance in his firstrun of pune I had told myself that he will win the Pune derby and my opinion still stands.

8) Su Chaliyo, 3y, bg : Lucky winner but will need more then that to win again today however it would be nice to see him earn his hard working trainer a reward. Good luck.

9) Tintoretto, 3y, dkbg : Pace maker from a wide draw goodluck

10) Eloise, 3y, dkbf : will beat Ocean and beyond again but I am not confident on her staying the trip very well has the right draw to settle early and with a bit of luck should be in the top 4.

11) Scionic, 3y, bf : Impressive winner in Hyd, belongs to a very talented up coming trainer has the form but staying the trip is the ?? can surprise us all but highly unlikely for a win maybe place.

12) Sun Elegance, 3y, bf : something wrong with this animal

13) Sunlight, 3y, chf : Good horse but unlikely to make it here.

14) Zafayona, 3y, bf : Best prepared and well rested animal in the field has a lot to offer but i think just lacks that class maybe place.

Finally it is up to you what you back I personally wont be backing Ocean And Beyond, only for the reasons mentioned abt the trainer yes he can win but he is not outstanding under the circumstances. My shortlisted 4 are Light My Way, Star Warrior, Eloise, Su Chaliyo, although like I have mentioned S Warrior as my prefered bet I am still tossing up with L My way. Su Chalio is just for good luck. i will definately have a good ew bet on my top 2 picks

Tips:Star Warrior,Light My Way, Eloise, Upset: Su Chaliyo,

Race 8: Forest Flair, in my opinion is the best sprinter in the country well rested and tracking well now will have a big say today has to beat Arts, who will be right there. Make note of Sea Ruler, was impressive in the mock race and if fit is certain to cause an upset as the very fast pace will suit him. however this race is wide open.

Tips: Forest Flair, Arts, Upset: Sea Ruler,

Race 9: Very open race with many horses tracking very well... looks like a lot of owners want to get in the good books of the Police Commisioner of Pune by winning the race. I personally am going have a eachway punt on Rose Bowl, and hope his Annonomyous owner fronts up.

Tips: Sea Shower, Showstopper, Upset: Rose Bowl,

Race 10: very open race.

Tips: Siooux Chief, Fish Pilot,(note today) Upset: Glorious Miss,

1 comment:

Vilekhari said...

over the years i have seen many upsets winning pune derby
lets see what happen today!

i will fully boose and enjoy watching the out come of climax than betting today
Ramana

Knock Knock


View My Stats

Followers